ears• The Edmonton Association for Recording Selection
The Edmonton Music Awards was created with one singular purpose…to enhance our music industry through an annual event that celebrates, showcases and promotes Edmonton artists and their music.
Every award is the result of votes submitted by the Edmonton Association for Recording Selection (EARS) Committee. EARS includes over 100 members of the music industry and music community and includes writers, radio station hosts, producers, musicians, music instructors, venue managers and others who love and support the advancement of music in Edmonton. These individuals spend a great many hours carefully listening to hundreds of submissions to determine the winners.
As a member of EARS, you get to:
- Vote and participate in the Edmonton Music Awards process.
- Access to the EARS Members page, where you can stream a wide variety of music from Edmonton Artist before making your selection.
- Feel great knowing you're providing ongoing support to the Edmonton music community.
We’re always looking for new EARS
The Canadian music industry continues to be shaped by those who participate in it. The Edmonton Music Awards relies on the active participation of industry professionals to identify, reward and promote the achievements of Edmonton recording artists. EARS Committee members are eligible to vote in 27 different categories.
If you are actively working in the Canadian music industry, we want you on the EARS Committee.
• Booking agents
• Talent managers
• Recording engineers
• Venue owners, managers and staff
• Sound technicians
• Video producers
• Music/entertainment journalists
• Media professionals
• Record store owners, managers and staff
• Musical instrument store owners and staff
• Music teachers and staff
2018 Membership and Donation.
Donations of all sizes are greatly appreciated. The success and strength of our initiatives are dependent on your help.